I decided to upgrade my soldering irons (Sears 45 and 30 watt models) to a station and after looking at Weller, Edsyn, and Hakko ... I bought a Hakko 936.
I was originally going to buy one from ebay and was focused on an Edsyn but I then went to Hakko's website and was very impressed with the content, availability of replacement parts, catalogue pdf information, overall offereing of all things solder-related. The Edsyn site had virtually no content that was easily accessed and I wasn't sure about tip availabilty etc.
I received the 936 station and bought two tips. It was a few bucks more than I originally anticipated spending but once used, I am satisfied.... Thermal recovery of a few seconds, heavy construction, nice quality, die-cast iron holder. I highly recommend this brand.
I was originally going to buy one from ebay and was focused on an Edsyn but I then went to Hakko's website and was very impressed with the content, availability of replacement parts, catalogue pdf information, overall offereing of all things solder-related. The Edsyn site had virtually no content that was easily accessed and I wasn't sure about tip availabilty etc.
I received the 936 station and bought two tips. It was a few bucks more than I originally anticipated spending but once used, I am satisfied.... Thermal recovery of a few seconds, heavy construction, nice quality, die-cast iron holder. I highly recommend this brand.