• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Some background info on B&W V202 needed?

tnamrog

New Member
Picked up a pair of V202s even though I am not familiar with the brand. I did some searching and other than they were made in England and are 4 ohms there is not much out there. Anyone know how much they would cost originally? When where they made? How does B&W compare with other brands? I paid $40 for them and sound pretty good for what I spent.

Tom
 
Register to hide this ad
B&W is a higher-end brand with some less expensive older models, such as the one you found. For $40 I think you can't go wrong; I can't think of any B&Ws that are worth less than that, in good condition.

When I think of B&W I think of polite, accurate speakers that image well. They tend not to have exaggerated or pronounced bass, they are relatively inefficient, and they are well-made. Taking them apart, one will find indicia of quality such as cast baskets and in-house manufactured drivers. The model you got, judging from photos on line, is one of their smaller, older bookshelf models from the 80s; probably an entry-level model, precursor to the 601 perhaps. That's just my impression. I would definitely have bought them if I found them for $40.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses. Also botrytis thanks for the link. I am surprised they still have the documentation on their website. The date on the literature (and the photo's) looks like 1989, so that fits in with what Zonker said.
 
Back
Top Bottom