• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Some interesting 60's? speakers I picked up...

The RCAs will play nicely all the way up to 1500hz or even 1800hz. Tuning the box to match woofer should not be an issue. I can just use your crossovers design for the HF and use a single inductor for my RCAs.

I am kind of confused by looking at the tweeter's crossover, right below the inductor L2, L3, and L4, I see you listed value 1.1MH, 1.2MH and .13MH accordingly but there also some # such as .57, .80 and .21 - can you tell me what those are. Thanks.
 
Those are the DC resistances (DCRs) of the inductors we used. Look in the Parts Express catalog for the specified inductance, and then the various available wire gauges to find the DCR matches.

I suggest you use the LF section as I designed it. It is somewhat generic. If you find that sucks, then try your alternatives....
 
I picked these up on craigslist today. They were listed at $10 but the guy just gave 'em to me. They're big and square with casters to roll them around on. The tweeters are mounted over the ~13" woofers. They definitely look like a DIY job. They don't sound so good though...

I opened them up to see what was inside, and found a huge Utah driver. The connections go straight to the RCA jack on the back of the cab.

So...are these any good? If so, what's causing them to sound so..muffled? I was powering them with a ~30WPC Denon reciever.


Pics!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9136/img0052iv7.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2518/img0053si2.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1711/img0054ig3.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/705/img0055sv9.jpg



...and more info...

On the back of the cab: "John Muska Co". On the woofer cone: 106753-2. On the woofer frame: G15P5.
 
My father built these. He was a tremendously gifted custom cabinet designer. My brother inherited his skills and is, himself an award-winner builder in northern californa
 
Back
Top Bottom