• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Some Vintage TT Porn From the "Man Womb"

tlarwa

Vinyl Lover
I have the day off, so I've been down in the listening room (aka the "man womb") fooling around with my equipment and listening to a ton of music. Since I have been enjoying the tables so much today, I thought you might too. Pics are attached!

The first table is my newest; a Pioneer PL-50A in pretty much mint condition, and sporting a Dynavector DV 10x5 HOMC cartridge. The second table is my Empire 398 (with the 980 tonearm), which sports a Denon DL-103 MC cartridge. The Pioneer is running through the phono stage of my Fisher 400, and the Empire runs through my Parks Audio Budgie MM/MC tube phono stage. Power is supplied by my Fisher 400 with all the Bizzy Bee mods, and the speakers are modded Klipsch Forte II.

I just got the Pioneer last week, and the 10x5 was installed yesterday. The Empire has been my main table for a while now. I've been doing A/B listening comparisons all morning, and I can honestly say that I'm not sure which set-up has the edge right now. I'm surprised by this, since I thought for sure the Empire would still reign. But I think the Dynavector makes an otherwise mediocre table (albeit a pretty cool looking one, IMO) a pretty good table. I just ordered a second cartridge mounting sled for the Empire, and I plan on trying the 10x5 on that table once I get it. If the compliance works out okay, I think it could be a pretty killer combination. Likewise, I'll try the DL-103 on the Pioneer to see what happens.

Anyway, it's been a fun day, so I thought I'd share! Here's the Pioneer ...

Tom
 

Attachments

  • photo 10.JPG
    photo 10.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 87
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 89
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 72
Register to hide this ad
And Here's the Empire, and Both Together!

All the pics wouldn't fit in one post .. sorry!
 

Attachments

  • photo 17.jpg
    photo 17.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 16.jpg
    photo 16.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 37
  • photo 15.jpg
    photo 15.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 57
  • photo 8.JPG
    photo 8.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 64
They're both really nice looking TTs, but that Empire looks like something out of a Buck Rogers Sci-Fi movie.:D:D:D

How does it sound?

Cheers
 
They're both really nice looking TTs, but that Empire looks like something out of a Buck Rogers Sci-Fi movie.:D:D:D

How does it sound?

Cheers

It's awesome. Google it ... they're widely considered a giant killer. I'll never get rid of it.
 
Hi talrwa, have you done any mods to your Pioneer such as damping? If so what did you do and what results did you get?

Pootybear
 
Back
Top Bottom