• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sonab OA12

Lickity Split

Active Member
I am doing some upgrades to my father-in-laws Sonab OA12's (refoaming), in addition I am changing out the speaker terminals to binding posts, can someone tell me which wire is which, or a way to test? Both wires are grey but one is ribbed and the other is smooth.

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
As long as you wire both the same way you should be OK. You can test speaker excursion with a D battery, + makes it go out and - goes in (I think).

There a few here who would disagree with the first statement and many who could confirm (or correct) the last.
 
As long as the polarity is the same with all drivers, no problem. I normally wire my speakers amp negative to speaker positive and amp positive to speaker negative. For some reason they sound better that way.
 
Thanks all. Tested it with a battery and anyone who cares the ribbed wire is positive... On a side note I really can't believe the sound that comes out of these tiny little things. They really suck at R&R due to the woofer size but I threw on some Nora Jones, Katie Melua and some Frank Sinatra and WOW, they fill the room amazingly. I was actually testing out my newly foamed Infinity RS 7's before I swapped them out with the Sonabs and I really REALLY much prefer the Sonabs for how they just sound 4 times the size than they are! Sound stage is really life like.
 
They have a devoted following, as do Shahinian, Ohm, and other omnidirectional speakers - folks who like'em REALLY like'em.


I really wasn't expecting much from them...They are rather compact, after flipping on some R&R they lived up to my expectations of being "compact" then I thought I'd play something the father-in-law would play and they and I must say they earned my respect!
 
Just found this topic via search. Thanks, I was wondering the same thing on my Sonabs:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom