Zonker92
All shiny and chrome
Sorry, but my searches didn't turn this up: My basic question is whether I'm losing much sound quality using the DAC that's built into my ZP90.
How many of you are running the Sonos through its analog outputs, as I am? How bad, or good, is the Sonos DAC compared to a separate one?
I'm sure the majority are using an external DAC, but I'm enjoying the iPhone Sonos app with its integral volume control, wired directly into my amp, with no preamp. (I'm using lossless music files on my NAS.)
If I were to go with an outboard DAC, what's a good cheap one, and do any of them include a good volume control, or would I have to add a separate volume control? Thanks!
How many of you are running the Sonos through its analog outputs, as I am? How bad, or good, is the Sonos DAC compared to a separate one?
I'm sure the majority are using an external DAC, but I'm enjoying the iPhone Sonos app with its integral volume control, wired directly into my amp, with no preamp. (I'm using lossless music files on my NAS.)
If I were to go with an outboard DAC, what's a good cheap one, and do any of them include a good volume control, or would I have to add a separate volume control? Thanks!
Last edited: