• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sonus Faber Sonetto III and...

Okra

Active Member
Hey peeps,
A pair of Sonus Faber Sonetto III will be here Sat. Currently my amp is an Arcam SA20 integrated. I've never owned 4 ohm speakers and for all I know the Arcam will hold it's own with these. I'm hoping to hear from someone that owns or has some history with these speakers and what success or failure you've had with amp pairing.

Amp specs:
  • Class G / 20 Watts in pure Class A
  • 90 watts RMS into 8-ohms
  • 150 watts into 4 ohms
Speaker specs:
  • 42-25k Hz Frequency Response
  • 89 dB Sensitivity
  • Impedance: 4ohms
  • Power Range: 50-250watts
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have the little brother Sonetto II in my secondary system that uses a Rotel RA-1572 120 wpc integrated amp without issue. Although I'm not familiar with your Arcam amp, marketing and reviews claim that it can adequately drive speakers down to 4 Ohms. All Sonus faber speakers are at their best with amps that can deliver high current when needed. Let your speakers break in a bit and see how they do with your Arcam. They're fine speakers to build a nice system around.
 
I have the little brother Sonetto II in my secondary system that uses a Rotel RA-1572 120 wpc integrated amp without issue. Although I'm not familiar with your Arcam amp, marketing and reviews claim that it can adequately drive speakers down to 4 Ohms. All Sonus faber speakers are at their best with amps that can deliver high current when needed. Let your speakers break in a bit and see how they do with your Arcam. They're fine speakers to build a nice system around.
I appreciate the input!
 
Back
Top Bottom