• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony 7065 Receiver PS Help

Champ

Active Member
Hi All,

I am rebuilding a Powers Supply for a Vintage Sony 7065 receiver . I have a few metal resistors on the board that are in need of replacement. Can anyone please give me a suggestion for a suitable replacement.
Sony has it as a 5W metal. Please see the attached image.

Lots of thanks
PS Schematic here http://www.hifiengine.com/library/sony/str-7065a.shtm
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 21
Register to hide this ad
Last edited:
The picture is of a ceramic emitter resistor, one per output transistor. Its value is 0.47 ohm, the "K" follows the ohm symbol and indicates the tolerance of 10%; a "J" would have indicated a tolerance of 5%. You can use the metal oxide that jaymanna linked to, but note that those are axial; if you want radial ones like the original try either of these:

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ohmite/TWW5JR47E/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtlubZbdhIBIKE51iOPHoshRS/XXZ1s/wE=

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...GAEpiMZZMtlubZbdhIBIMxL4x8TffMYLc%2bIBxp5X2I=
 
I put the Oxides that jamanaa recommended and all is fine. I mounted them on end which was tight, but there was no room to lay them on the PCB. It works.

While I was at it I put all new lytics on the same board as well as replace the larger wire wound resistors. They are in an area that gets mighty hot. A problem (or perhaps this is normal) that has popped up with other owners of this unit. The original wire wounds were actually in spec which I found interesting considering the amount of heat they are subjected to, but put new ones in just for caution.

Next the main filtering caps. I have some Vishay's ready to go.

This is one beautiful sounding bit of vintage and the FM is excellent.
 
Back
Top Bottom