• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony APM 22ES I and II restoration (Need woofer)

GrahamTwomey

New Member
So as I am finding out in this new journey of HiFi, I gravitate towards the rare and broken. Bought a pair of APM 22ES a few months ago thinking it would be fairly easy to get the woofer having seen a number for sale as well as parts. BUT the ones I bought are the crazy rare black 22ES II and I cant even find a reference to the offer ever being sold.
This weekend bought a pair if complete and working 22ES I that simply need a good clean up and re-veneering. Contemplating real wood.
The difference between these 2 is rather significant for having the same name. Totally different tweets and posts. Woffer looks the same but will compare when I open them up.
I can update this thread as I go if anyone is interested in the restoration process.
AND IF ANYONE HAS A LINE ON THE WOFFER FOR THE APM 22ES I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL!
8-927-298-00
140 A 009
index.php

index.php
index.php
 

Attachments

  • tempImageV62iNM.png
    tempImageV62iNM.png
    662.4 KB · Views: 70
  • tempImageOHdbsB.png
    tempImageOHdbsB.png
    666.3 KB · Views: 68
  • tempImageegTi78.png
    tempImageegTi78.png
    759.7 KB · Views: 63
Register to hide this ad
TheVintageKnob: "In Sony tradition, there are three completely different versions of the filter, two of which make the 22ES sound only so-so, the other perfect... If yours doesn't make fast, loud but very clean music, look at the filter and mod'.

Does anyone know which version has the “good” crossover?
Is there a schematic available? Thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom