• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony APM 615 Speakers

Speakerious

Active Member
Banned
Hi all. I have the chance to buy a pair of Sony APM 615 speakers for $50, seemingly in good operating condition, and in VG cosmetic condition.

I see many for sale on eBay for $400 plus shipping.

Is there any reason to have pass on this local offer?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Not all of the APMs are created equal. I've got a killer collection of the smaller ones used in boomboxes, the tiny ZX-7, the FH-100W, the CFS-9000, all used APM speakers but these were marketed as high-end boomboxes. They even made tiny desktop APM Speakers for your Walkman that tend to be collectable nowadays.

Sony also made some very expensive larger versions, I think they had several pistons in each driver, but these look like the basic model that sold on the looks of the nicer speakers. I can't remember but they might just have plastic cardboard stuck on top of a cheap speaker. I've got something similar in storage, I was going to save the drivers but toss the rest.
 
Back
Top Bottom