• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony APM-690 pix with nudes and drivers

kfa888

Addicted Member
I was messing around with my Sony APM-690's today. Found that they like to be about a foot off the floor and with the backs almost on the back wall. Also found they sound way better with my Sansui 7070 than they do with my SX-650. I'm actually pretty please with the sound of them.

I slapped together a web page with pix if you want to see them...

Sony APM 690 pix

Before any of you comment I realize these are NOT the upper end APMs but the more standard all in one stereo rack type. These are large, about 2.5 feet tall with about 11" woofers.
 
Register to hide this ad
Interesting pictures. My guess as to that nut glued to the woofer is that it was difficult to glue the Al honeycomb surface to the cone on center, so the nut is to balance the mass. Is that tweeter really marked at 100w power handling? Guess they decided to print the system power capabilities on all the drivers than something more accurate.

- JP
 
I would guess that the nut fell onto the woofer when it was new, and got stuck on the wet glue from the surround.
 
I almost glued a nut to a woofer once. In college.






Not really. Just wanted to say that.
 
Don C said:
I would guess that the nut fell onto the woofer when it was new, and got stuck on the wet glue from the surround.

Nope, there are two, one on each side, perfectly centered and glued.
 
Back
Top Bottom