• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony CDP-C265 5 disc CD changer- Should I get it?

aabottom

Swing
I'd like to get a CD changer for set-&-forget CD playing. But I don't want to spend alot of coin right now.

I saw a Sony CDP-C265 5 disc CD changer at the thrift store for about $20.

Should I get it?

Anybody got a manual for it?
 
Register to hide this ad
If it's a rotary style they can be noisy and the belt may fail . I have one that's a rotary and if it sit's awhile the carosel sticks and needs a push I fixed it by a good cleaning and lube.
Dwight
 
I have 3 Sony 5 disc changers. The most reliable is a CDP-365. Never had any issues. The other 2 are ES series a 67 and a 75. The ES are both are finiky but have some nice features. I paid around $10 each for all three. Take a CD and test it. If the carousel isn't smooth or the cd skips walk away. The draw belts are easy to change.
 
Back
Top Bottom