• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony CDP-X33ES tray closing by itself

todd141

New Member
Hi everyone. I have the above mentioned player, and when I open the drawer the belt doesn't sound like it stops spinning and after about 1 or 2 seconds, the tray closes by itself.

I tried looking for some type of switch that signals tray open/closed, etc. but couldn't find one on this mechanism. Just a white cam that turns.

Any experience with this happening? Belt looks fine, but I ordered one and will replace it anyway.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
In case anyone else has this issue - there are two clear plastic things that are near a small circuit board, one near "in" and one near "out" printed on the board. Diagram doesn't show these. The clear "knob" on mine near the "out" should have a plastic piece on the tray that pushes it forward a bit when the tray is all the way open and mine is missing/broken off. So that switch never gets actuated and the gears keep spinning and after about 2 seconds it auto-closes. Since it stays open for about 2 seconds I have plenty of time to put the disk in. I bought this for 65 dollars, and it sound great so no big deal for me.
 
You can probably make a new piece by drilling a small hole in the drawer, where the piece broke off, and glue a small nail or paperclip in the hole with JB Weld. Then cut it to the appropriate length.
 
Back
Top Bottom