Hi.
Inherited a Sony DTC-59ES.
The deck worked after a lot of massage as it hasn't been used in quite some time.
So it started playing and sometimes it mutes for a second, randomly.
Cleaned the heads and tape path... Did'nt help.
So I wen't on to changing the capacitors on the RF board (2 were leaking).
Installed new ones... Now it plays the older recorded tapes ok but when I make a new recording it's gotten worse... Now it almost mutes (relay clicking) constantly! Why? How specific does the capacitors have to be? (Yes they new ones have the same capacitance 4x22uF and one 4.7uF). I had some Nichicon Fine Gold capacitors that i used.. Bad idea? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...
Inherited a Sony DTC-59ES.
The deck worked after a lot of massage as it hasn't been used in quite some time.
So it started playing and sometimes it mutes for a second, randomly.
Cleaned the heads and tape path... Did'nt help.
So I wen't on to changing the capacitors on the RF board (2 were leaking).
Installed new ones... Now it plays the older recorded tapes ok but when I make a new recording it's gotten worse... Now it almost mutes (relay clicking) constantly! Why? How specific does the capacitors have to be? (Yes they new ones have the same capacitance 4x22uF and one 4.7uF). I had some Nichicon Fine Gold capacitors that i used.. Bad idea? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...
Last edited: