• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony GX10ES Wood Panels

Abdulah

New Member
Howdy y'all, first post here and I'm pretty new into audio equipment. I recently acquired a Sony GX10ES and it has a damaged wood panel. I'm trying to replace it with an original panel, does anyone know which panels would fit? Sorry if this is in wrong category.
 
Register to hide this ad
A competent carpenter should have the ability and tools to duplicate one.
 
The hard part is the hardware which you have. Have a look at the main filters. The GX10ES ran them fairly hard so they may have heat damage such as bulging tops and shrunken sleeves. Replace with higher temperature rated caps.
 
The hard part is the hardware which you have. Have a look at the main filters. The GX10ES ran them fairly hard so they may have heat damage such as bulging tops and shrunken sleeves. Replace with higher temperature rated caps.
The electronic components are all in great condition, only the wood was damaged.
 
I don't have a 9 or a 10 but I do have a 90.
Side panel measures 15"w x 5 7/8"h x 3/4"
No Idea if this will fit a 9 or 10 but it will let
you make a paper or cardboard template
to see if it's close.
 
I don't have a 9 or a 10 but I do have a 90.
Side panel measures 15"w x 5 7/8"h x 3/4"
No Idea if this will fit a 9 or 10 but it will let
you make a paper or cardboard template
to see if it's close.

I don't have access to mine right now but will this weekend. I think that's fairly close but I'm not sure I'll check this weekend. Thank you.
 
A competent carpenter should have the ability and tools to duplicate one.

I actually know a decent woodworker but I'm trying to find original panels that would fit.

Your best bet to find originals would be on ebay. The only place on Audiokarma to find original panels, would be in bartertown only. And that would be if someone actually had them. But you would first have to become a subscriber, before having the capability to post a want to buy ad inside bartertown.

$25 annual subscriber fee, it helps to support the site, and gives you access to bartertown.
 
Your best bet to find originals would be on ebay. The only place on Audiokarma to find original panels, would be in bartertown only. And that would be if someone actually had them. But you would first have to become a subscriber, before having the capability to post a want to buy ad inside bartertown.

$25 annual subscriber fee, it helps to support the site, and gives you access to bartertown.

Thank you for your help.
 
Back
Top Bottom