• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony mini disc player

Bertoli

New Member
My MDS JE 320 is shot and I have 1000s discs, and no equipment to play them. I wonder if there is a member that could fix this equipment, including the servo part wich I think is one of the things that went wrong. Thank you very much..
 
Register to hide this ad
No parts support, so it is unlikely to be repairable. I just had a Sony Minidisk player in and all it needed were 3 microswitches which were no longer available, and they had special, long plastic actuator arms so nothing else could be retrofit. I won't work on them anymore. Sony used to be great with parts support, no more.
 
I believe I have one that works. I'll bring it in and try it. Ping me in a couple days and I'll let you know. I hope this is not forbidden, but you can have it for shipping if it works.
 
I believe I have one that works. I'll bring it in and try it. Ping me in a couple days and I'll let you know. I hope this is not forbidden, but you can have it for shipping if it works.

Cool move regardless of outcome.

I have two decks, though I must admit they sit idle.
 
I'm playing it now. It was VERY dusty. Just need to make sure eject and other exercises work properly. And I have the remote. I never lose remotes. I'm weird.
 
Usually, on my two, there are belts that fail.

It's a snap with some of those jeweler's tools to replace them, and they're available. Fixed both of mine this way.
 
I also have several decks and only ever needed the belts changed. I have a Yamaha that won't record anymore but plays fine.
 
I've got a stack of portables and a couple cd-md machines. Only one portable has a bucket of bolts left of the bearings the rest work just fine right now.
 
Back
Top Bottom