• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony PS-2700 which belt?

xy_rn

needle on the record...
Was looking at turntablebasics and discovered there are two very different belts for this deck. While I can see that the longer belt is probably the right belt, I can't fathom what the shorter of the two belts would be for (at approximately half the length of the longer belt).

I have the service manual, but no insight there, if you can believe it!

Thanks for any insight!

--Jeff (no affiliation to TTB)

Sony belts at TTBasics
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Howard,

I only have fragments of the belt... I have no way of knowing if it is there in its entirety. Since it is so old and mangled, I hesitate to take any measurements off of it (width and thickness at this point) as it falls apart in my hands.

--J.
 
I am going to pick up some items at the electronic store tomorrow.
I will ask and see if they have that particular one.:scratch2:
They usually have the belts there for around $6.00.
 
The electronic store's belt catalog only have a listing for the turntable belt.
It is a 23.6 FBM belt ( their designation ).
There is no other belt listed for that turntable in that particular catalog.:scratch2:
 
Many thanks for taking the time to enquire at your local shop. This information is consistent with a lot of other sources too.

Many extra thanks for going to the bother of picking a belt up for me and sending it on to me at home by post!

Cheers, Balifly! Woot! :thmbsp:

Man, I love AK!

--J.
 
Just a shout out to Balifly who went the extra distance and sought out, bought, and sent me the correct belt for this turntable! Thanks a lot! Everything is running as it should and you know, this isn't a half bad deck! Maybe a bit of a sleeper?

--Jeff.
 
Back
Top Bottom