• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony PS-X500 heartbreak

wgibso

New Member
I've been looking for a Sony BioTracer deck for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger on a PS-X500 on that auction site. (I know, but I live in a small market, there's almost never anything interesting on CL.) The seller said it was working fine & I believe him, and he took great care in the packing; it was a better job than I'd have managed. BUT, it arrived with the Motor On/Off button pushed in and not working. So, no platter movement. These are full logic controls, so I have no great hope of getting this button unstuck, but I'll open up the deck and poke at it. Meanwhile, any ideas from y'all on sourcing a replacement button? The 'bay has nothing, of course. Any Sony fans here with a parts deck?

Edit: Um. Feel like an idiot now. The button isn't 100% okay, but it's not dead either. It seems like it's just catching on the back side of the opening. Admins, you can delete this thread if you like. Or, I can ask the crowd: anyone have experience with a Stanton 680 or 681 on this machine? I'm thinking of picking up a JICO D6800EEE-S for it:
http://www.jico-stylus.com/product_info.php?products_id=1361
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have a 680ee on mine and it is my quick demo table before deep cleaning. Im consistently pleased with the sound.

I think you can thrown any cartidge on biotracer....

Congrats on the new table
 
Back
Top Bottom