cabkab
New Member
I have a gorgeous Sony PS-X70 that I really love but it has a mysterious issue that I am wondering if anyone here might be able to help me pinpoint. There is an "up/down" button to raise or lower the tonearm. When you initially turn on the unit the "up/down" LED defaults to on and the arm always raises. I think this might be the normal behavior but I don't see it mentioned anywhere. The problem is that while playing music the light will sometimes do a little flicker and then eventually it will come on randomly and the arm will raise and remain raised until I push the button to lower it again. It's quite annoying to have the music randomly stop. I opened up the unit and I cleaned the up/down button with contact cleaner. It seems to still be happening. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight into what might be causing this?
