• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony PSX-500 Biotracer with Denon DL-103R, Will It Work?

HypnoToad

RIP Ms Puss Puss
Subscriber
Anyone have any knowledge on the Sony Biotracer turntables and Denon DL-103 carts.

I have been thinking of getting a DL-103R and have the Sony Biotracer sitting around, any one tried one or know if it would be a good match?

Any advice appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
I can't speak to the DL-103 but I use a DL-160 on my PS X75 and have read that the 160 is a great match for the X600. So if they are similar enough you should fine.
 
They are not, the DL-103 is a broadcast cartridge made for the Japanese NHK. It likes high mass transcription arms, the Biotracer is not one. The DL-301, DL-110 and DL-160 excel on the Biotracer.
 
They are not, the DL-103 is a broadcast cartridge made for the Japanese NHK. It likes high mass transcription arms, the Biotracer is not one. The DL-301, DL-110 and DL-160 excel on the Biotracer.

That's what I figured, was hoping more than anything, thanks for the advice.
 
HypnoToad,

The Denon DL-103D ( elliptical stylus ) may be workable with the Sony PSX-500 Biotracer tone arm.

The Denon DL-301MKII from Comet Sales may go through in the future.

I could not wait any longer.

When a very lightly used Denon DL-301 MKI from Japan appear on Ebay, I picked it up for a very reasonable price.

I will look and see if there are more for a similar price and condition.:music:
 
HypnoToad,

The Denon DL-103D ( elliptical stylus ) may be workable with the Sony PSX-500 Biotracer tone arm.

The Denon DL-301MKII from Comet Sales may go through in the future.

I could not wait any longer.

When a very lightly used Denon DL-301 MKI from Japan appear on Ebay, I picked it up for a very reasonable price.

I will look and see if there are more for a similar price and condition.:music:

I am beginning to wonder if the DL-301 Mk2 will actually arrive from Comet Supply.
 
Back
Top Bottom