• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony STR-V7 Transformer replacement help

Stingray240

New Member
Hey guys, I have a chance to pick up a Sony STR-V7, but the Transformer needs to be replaced. It looks like the part number is 1-446-074-00, but I'm not having any luck finding a part or price. I just spoke to an electronics store and have been told that part will probably be hard to find. Can anyone point me to a parts source or does anyone have a parts STR-V7 that they would be willing to sell a Transformer from? Thanks for your time.

Jeremy
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey Cademan. I don't know the story behind it, but it's just not there so I would have to find a replacement. I'm not having much luck as I'm sure you probably already know.
 
You either need to watch the auction site for a parted out unit or you'll need to buy new ones with the approximate voltages to replace the original. To do the 2nd, you need to find the service manual and get the secondary AC voltages from the schematic or derive them from the DC values . You might need to use one larger transformer for the amp section secondaries and possibly a smaller one to cover the other secondaries.
 
Back
Top Bottom