• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony str-vx5 or Onkyo tx-35

WEATHERWAX

New Member
Hi. I'm trying to finish my first setup. I have a pioneer PL-518x turntable and friend offered me a pair of Cerwin Vega AT-15 for free.

I found a Sony str-vx5 at the flea market this morning for 15 bucks and was looking at an onkyo tx-35 for around 60 bucks

Any thoughts on the sony vs the onkyo and/or thoughts on if either of those can support the At-15's? I bought the sony but havnt tested it with speakers yet but havnt bought the onkyo but the seller has cleaned it and tested it supposedly.

p.s. I may just backburner the AT-15 as being beyond a newbie setup and go see if I can find some "easier" speakers to start with.
 
Register to hide this ad
If it's the Sony line I'm thinking of, you would have little invested, but it's old and will likely need some work. The Onkyo is newer but IMHO not one of their best.

If the Sony works, use it to fill the hole until you find something else. Save up the money if you need to, there are a lot of good receivers out there that are much newer and can be had for $100-200.
 
Back
Top Bottom