• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony STR-VX6 question and recommend a CD

jttimmerman

New Member
Howdy! I am mainly a lurker on this site, but what a great site! I recently picked up a Sony STR-VX6, and was wondering if anyone here had a Vx series and could comment on how to program the FM tuner setting memory buttons? I am ordering a manual online, but was hoping to get a jump start and I can't seem to figure out how to set these memory buttons.

Also, can anyone recommend a silver faced Sony CD Player? I already have a CDP-111 connected to my TAN-5550/TA-2000 setup...need a second player for the STR or vice/versa...what might be a CD player of the same era?

BTW, to test the STR, I connected to CD-111 and played it through some KLH seventeens - sounds sweet! Maybe I'll keep the 111 with the STR and find other CD player for the other setup...decisions...decisions.... :)

Thanks in advance! Great site!
JT
 
Register to hide this ad
some thoughts on your CD requirement

If Silver is important Fry's was doing a closeout last month on Onkyo Silver faced DVD changers for 99. I picked one up. They have the Burr Brown DAC and I use one for movies and CD's. I believe it is called the 702. I have a 701 for years and it is a nice player for a changer.

Also another great silver player is the OPPO. For 150 it is an incredible player. It even has 5.1 pre amp outs, USB updatable, great sound and even comes with a decent quality HDMI cable. Last month I went to a friends with the OPPO and we played it next to his costly Blue Ray player and Denon and the OPPO shined. I play CD's on mine all the time.

Good luck, H
 
Back
Top Bottom