• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony TA-AX390 Remote issue

1badradboy

New Member
Own a Sony TA-AX390 mated with other Sony gear in a basement gym. Purchased a second one for a garage system w/o remote. Remote from original system (RMS-390) controls all functions on "new" receiver except volume control. I had also purchased a second RMS-390 for the garage system. Same issue - controls all functions on original TA390 and everything but volume on the new TA390. Never experienced this before with any system. The remote either works or doesn't. Thoughts? Is there a quick fix? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks in advance!!
 
Register to hide this ad
You may just need to clean the pads on the remote. I've had this issue before with volume buttons which I assume are the most used. You just take the remote apart and clean the contacts inside. There are videos about it on YouTube.
 
I know this is an old post but I'm looking for a service manual for my Sony TA-AX390. Does anyone have a service manual they can send me or link me to? And yes, I did a google search. Thank you in advance.
 
Back
Top Bottom