• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony TA-AX7 Transitors get hot

T1996

New Member
Hello,

I have a Sony TA-AX7 and two transitors (q503, q504) get very hot. Which results in that the amplifier gets almost too hot to touch, even idle. I checked and set the bias and dc offset according to the service manual and this didn't solve the issue. Besides that I replaced most of the electrolyte capacitors.

Currently i don't what could cause the issue, so help would be really welcome. Do you have any idea what i can check right now to identify what is causing this?

in the link i have put the schematic diagram, the problematic transistors can be found at location 5E.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O7wI6JUG9XQXtGd6wcJpUlzFEUOQUCg0/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in Advance!
 
Register to hide this ad
both the channels get very hot.
The service manual refers to them as "current reg", so I assume current regulators.
 
I checked the drawings again and it seems like a modification has been made to the circuit. There are two capacitors of 10uf added which are not mentioned anywhere in the drawings. It will go back to the ground I assume.
In the attached image I added this part in green. Can I remove this safely or does it have an important function?

Next to this I measured the voltages, those where slightly off and I have added those in red.
 

Attachments

  • extra capacitors.png
    extra capacitors.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200622_155701.jpg
    IMG_20200622_155701.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 14
  • location.PNG
    location.PNG
    938 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom