mhedges
Super Member
Hey folks -
Having some issues with one of my beloved Sony N80ES amps. The speaker relays keep clicking on and off. Its not a constant cycling - the amp will output for a couple minutes than click off for a couple minutes. No sign of the protection circuit coming on.
To complicate things for better or worse I recapped this amp and did some mods about 14 years ago as described in this thread:
Looking for someone in the central North Carolina area who would be willing to try to figure out whats going on. Any recommendations?
Having some issues with one of my beloved Sony N80ES amps. The speaker relays keep clicking on and off. Its not a constant cycling - the amp will output for a couple minutes than click off for a couple minutes. No sign of the protection circuit coming on.
To complicate things for better or worse I recapped this amp and did some mods about 14 years ago as described in this thread:
Sony TA-N80ES recap and mod adventure
I noticed the RCA's were loose right away, you could move them around. I solder both the fixed and variable sides. Now that's working I get sound from both channels, but very muddy, no detail and distorted sound. I hope it's just bad caps.
audiokarma.org
Looking for someone in the central North Carolina area who would be willing to try to figure out whats going on. Any recommendations?