• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony ULH Tape

braxus

FeCr Type III
I bid on an auction for some Rad Shack Supertape which was the blue box high output stuff- 1800 feet. With that auction came a sealed Sony ULH tape which is also 1800 feet and backcoated. It says its an ultra low noise High output tape on a polyester base. I suspect its better then the basic model stuff, but don't know much about it. I probably won't use the tape since its probably got sticky shed, so it will go into a frame with my other tapes. Its sealed so it should go into a frame. Any ideas of what this tape is and where it ranks in Sony's lineup? The model number is ULH-7-550-BL.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
From what I've been told, this tape was Sony's best r2r normal tape. Above that there was a FeCR tape from them. Anyone else?
 
Hi,

This was Sony's best tape save FeCr. Needed to be used on LH settings for best results. FeCr open reel tape was only made by Sony. Sony machines had a FeCr position in the day. Some users have had sticky-shed issues with it. I have no experience with it in recent years.
 
Back
Top Bottom