• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Sony XL-MC104P?

absolon

Super Member
I've been trying to find another Sony MC cartridge to replace the defunct XL-33L I liked so well and finally ran across an auction for one that I won for about $80.

It's a new XL-MC104P that I deduce from research to actually be an XL-MC10, a kind of hybrid between 1/2" and T4P mount that Axel at the Vintageknob describes as the ultimate in the XL-MCx line. I gather it is a figure 8 coil, "double super-eliptical" (hypereliptical?) nude mount diamond.

Anyone had experience with the MCx line or this particular model? Specs would be particularly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • xl-mc104p.JPG
    xl-mc104p.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 72
Register to hide this ad
A better picture borrowed from hifido.co.jp of the cartridge mounted in a headshell:
 

Attachments

  • XLMC10a.jpg
    XLMC10a.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 58
Cartridge arrived in still sealed box. The 104P is a T4P mount of the MC10.

2.0mV output, compliance 20, load impedance 70ohm to 100Kohm, 50Kohm optimal, FR 20-35K.

Preliminary listening says it's a pretty nice cartridge. Needs some break-in time before making any judgment about how nice.
 
Back
Top Bottom