• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sound Dynamics Surrounds

xSPUDx

New Member
Hi everybody, I’m new to AK and fairly new to the whole audio world. Although my interests started with new home theatre type setups it has evolved into 2 channel systems dedicated to just music, a turn table and new really enjoying the vintage side of it. My grandpa gave me a set of Sound Dynamic 100s speakers. I am currently looking to get a set of foam surrounds for them. Just looking for any info related to the history of Sound Dynamics, links to anything related and any recommendations as to where to find stuff like the surrounds. Thank you for your time and any info, or other chat is welcome and appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Sound Dynamics of these series had double layers foam surrounds. Grey inside and yellow outside (same construction as Cerwin Vega. I used CV surrounds with great success!. There are now advertised, CV compatible grey foam surrounds on the market............
 
I have a pair of CS-6 two ways and the phenolic hard dome tweeter and wave guide make for a nice smooth sounding speaker but I'm sure the crossover plays a large part in that. I picked them up expecting to be underwhelmed and am pleasantly surprised!
 
Back
Top Bottom