• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sound not outputting on Kenwood KR-V 9030

TeleVault

New Member
Hello, recently I've had problems with my Kenwood KR-V 9030 that I brought out of storage recently. On the first day powering it on after a long time, the red LED on the volume knob lit up. This indicates power is going through the 'Master Volume Control Board'. However, a few hours later when setting it up, the LED disappeared and there was no sound coming through. This initially made me confused so I played with all the settings till I accidentally switched the power selector (while in standby) which thankfully only blew the fuse (from what I can tell). A week later, I replaced the fuse and the unit turned on with the red LED restored! After which the unit ran well for about 10 hours. However, now the volume LED has disappeared once again and lost power to the Master Volume Board. I somehow was lucky when I entered test mode with all segments lit on the VFD. Keeping it all lit for a minute or two. However, when I switched to another test mode, all the other segments switched except for the "TUNED" indicator which was flickering and some how brought power to the Master Volume! Tested all the functions and played well until I turned it off and came back the next time to see the problem had reoccurred. I am lost for ways to troubleshoot and would really appreciate all your help to solve this issue. This was a solid receiver and I really don't want to give up on it. Thanks in advance!

Note: The 10 hours the receiver worked well was on multiple occasions and not in one run.

Edit: After about a week of leaving it unplugged and r the receiver now totally works fine but the chances of it happening again seems likely.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom