• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sp-7500X speakers? what to do

avguytx

Lunatic Member
Well, I bought a pair of SP-7500X but I'm not really overall thrilled with them. My questions is...should I part them out in hopes of people needing parts to fix their old ones or should I try to sell them complete? They are heavy as everyone knows and I really hate shipping big speakers. But, I have done it plenty of times. I'm in the DFW area if any interest. I wasnt sure if I should put this in Dollars and Cents or here so bear with me! Thanks for any input!
 
Register to hide this ad
Part them out? Is there really that many of them around?

Hey, just put them on CL, you never know!

ps: no, you shouldn't talk about selling them here, and hopefully someone will move this thread
 
I have a pair of these beasties. They're quite nice, really. Consider re-capping them, makes all the diff in the world. I suspect yours are lacking definition, low-lows and high-highs. A little $ and some time with the soldering iron will bring 'em around.
 
Ok. I would consider doing some upgrades on them to keep them. You are exactly correct Sansui Louie. It's kind of funny that it's a ported cabinet yet the port is restricted for any air flow! The typical rule of thumb for ported enclosures (best case scenario) is to have twice the distance of the port diameter away from a solid wall...the distance of the port at minimum. The back side of these ports are against the batting inside! Plus, they are really small. I know I have seen other Sansui (and others) that had larger ports. What happened to these???

So what did you do to them? What kind of amp are you running to them? I have a few different receivers I could use.
 
I had a pair of these speakers and I didn't care for them. I sold them last fall on ebay for just over $200. The guy that bought them didn't want the original boxes and foam inserts. If anyone wants a pair of Sansui cardboard boxes and foam inserts for SP-7500X speakers let me know. Any AK member can have them for the cost of shipping and a donation to AK.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom