• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SP2500 speaker

goodsound

New Member
Hi guys,
My name is Peter I am new to this group, recently pick up a pair of SP2500 just wondering why the low frequency is no that much as compared to another Sansui speaker I own the LM-330(10" woofer). I have located both speaker on the floor for a fair compared. Please anybody have experience with SP2500, need your advice.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Peter, While I don't have experience with SP2500, I do have some "Modified" SP200 and SP2000 speakers. Considering the age of the capacitors in the crossovers, and the port size "Thinking" of that era, many improvements in sound can be achieved. New capacitors (Same value-mfd or uF, greater voltage OK) will give a better sound. I used Dayton caps (Parts Express-Sponsor at bottom of page) in one set. Night and day change in sound. The port size, compared to "Modern" thinking (use port/cabinet calculator) is probably too big. I reduced the original port size for better sound and presentation. Make sure all the speakers are tight in the cabinets. Clean the contacts of the mid/high controls. Then you will "Hear" more of the speakers potential.
 
rek50 said:
Hi Peter, While I don't have experience with SP2500, I do have some "Modified" SP200 and SP2000 speakers. Considering the age of the capacitors in the crossovers, and the port size "Thinking" of that era, many improvements in sound can be achieved. New capacitors (Same value-mfd or uF, greater voltage OK) will give a better sound. I used Dayton caps (Parts Express-Sponsor at bottom of page) in one set. Night and day change in sound. The port size, compared to "Modern" thinking (use port/cabinet calculator) is probably too big. I reduced the original port size for better sound and presentation. Make sure all the speakers are tight in the cabinets. Clean the contacts of the mid/high controls. Then you will "Hear" more of the speakers potential.

I did the same thing to my SP-2700's Replaced all the Cap's in the crossover and it did bring back the bass and more.

Ron
 
Back
Top Bottom