• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker Brand in Old Califone Record Players?

mikey5967

Active Member
Guys, does anyone know what Brand of speaker Califone used in their old Tube based record players? I looked at the 12 inch speaker in my Califone Commentator and there is no brand name on the back of the Speaker. I'm wondering if this is a good speaker or a cheapo, possibly sourced from Japan.
 
Register to hide this ad
Are there any number codes on it? If there are, they will usually tell you who made it and when. Typically a 6 or 7 digit string, could be anywhere but often its stamped on the frame somewhere towards the outer edge.
 
Gadget. You are correct. Mine has code starting with 220 indicating Jensen. Thank you. I'm actually going to replace the speaker with a tannoy pbm bookshelf speaker. Should mate very nicely with the tube amp.
 
Gadget. You are correct. Mine has code starting with 220 indicating Jensen. Thank you. I'm actually going to replace the speaker with a tannoy pbm bookshelf speaker. Should mate very nicely with the tube amp.
Can you post a photo of any alpha-numeric stamping on the back of that Jensen? A close-up of the magnet assembly could also tell a lot.

Thanks! :)
 
Back
Top Bottom