• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker ID Please!

bevador

Active Member
Can anyone help ID this speaker? I think maybe an EV but the concentric circles do not fit anything I can find from EV. Jensen?? Stevens?? I am at a loss. These came from an old amusement park. They were part of the sound system of an indoor ride in the eighties.. I cannot get the cabinets open unless I destroy them. They are nailed shut. Sorry about the pic quality.. I only have my phone tonight.. Thanks!!
 

Attachments

  • unknown speaker.jpg
    unknown speaker.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 132
Register to hide this ad
Looks University-ish, but difficult to be sure from that pic.

Yeah, University had the red surrounds on their old full-rangers (Really-nice full-rangers by the way... Damn-nice). EV had them too. I know a few other speaker-makers used them back in those days, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment (I'll look at some pictures and see what I can dig up... It looks like a University, but I can't say for sure if the shape of the horn thingy is right or not... The late '50's University had a slightly-different shape, but
I suppose it could always be a later one I don't recognize).
 
Last edited:
If he/she hasn't already, the OP may wish to peruse:
www.hifilit.com
and/or mid-1950s up to very early-1960s catalog scans at www.radioshackcatalogs.com

Looks University-ish, but difficult to be sure from that pic.

I agree that the woofer looks University-ish - I don't recognize the horn, though.

Good old Telex does still have legacy EV and University product docs on their website - but it's much harder to actually find things then it used to be (thus "progress" as manifested in the Internet age).
 
Last edited:
Looks like some of the earlier Rhenkus-Heinz drivers. See if you could find a RH
inscribed, stamped or indited somewhere on the driver surfaces.
 
Thanks for the leads gentlemen/ladies. I have looked and looked to no avail. I will say they sound great! The crux in ID of these speaks is the concentric circles that are not even in measurement to the center of the cone. I can not find any image that looks like this. Hmmm?
 
The crux in ID of these speaks is the concentric
circles that are not even in measurement to the center of the cone.
I can not find any image that looks like this. Hmmm?

I think that Your speakers might be a Vintage or a forerunner version of these
newer Jensen Coaxial rectangular horn "Sigma series" speaker system.

Please remember Bevador,
Watch out where the Huskies go; and don't you eat that yellow snow!
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom