• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

speaker spikes and the placebo effect.

I had a pair of Mirage M790s that were mushy and boomy. On a whim I stuck a few slabs of slate under them. Big change. Clearer more detailed bass and more. I now place my Dynoudos on spikes on Granite slabs.
 
I had a pair of Mirage M790s that were mushy and boomy. On a whim I stuck a few slabs of slate under them. Big change. Clearer more detailed bass and more. I now place my Dynoudos on spikes on Granite slabs.
I use a 4" thick concrete slab lol.
 
I had a pair of Mirage M790s that were mushy and boomy. On a whim I stuck a few slabs of slate under them. Big change. Clearer more detailed bass and more. I now place my Dynoudos on spikes on Granite slabs.

Those are pretty expensive speakers. I love that, somehow, an actual rock is the technology that improves the sound.
 
These Dynaudio 82s are in another system right now, but still Spiked and slabbed the same.

It looks like you slabbed the device at the bottom of the rack, which I think is the amp? Is that a term now, slabbed. Slabbed and spiked. Sounds like volleyball terms.
 
I thought the point of spikes with a carpet was to poke through the carpet, and couple with the floor. Doesn't having a slab between the spikes and the carpet kind of defeat the purpose of the spikes? Now the slab is floating on top of the carpet.
 
In my case I used something like this. These sort of float the speaker on narrow points. From what I understand people use speaker stand spikes to anchor the speaker (or use a slab) to get a firm base that doesn't resonate. They use speaker spikes to float the speaker and limit transmission too and feedback from whatever the speaker is sitting on. In both cases the idea is to let the speaker operate independently of whatever it's sitting on.
G122210A.jpg
 
I'm surprised the thread hasn't derailed into insults and been closed. Solipsism is a compliment, right? :)

I think all the stuff taken together about the absolute inability to comment on anything objectively was in good fun. Solipsism included. Then again my comment could be taken as sophistry.
 
Back
Top Bottom