• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker Stands for the NS-670

DLOCK22

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Today is the first day I have been able to listen to music from my new office system. It sounds pretty sweet even if the setup is not ideal. I ended up getting a Gold Note DS-10 Plus dac/streamer to go with the Yamaha NS-670's and the CA-610 II. Very happy with this combination. I initially was concerned that the Yamaha speakers and integrated might be lean on the bright side of the spectrum, but that pairing with the Gold Note has not been an issue whatsoever.

My next move is to get the speakers off the floor. I have read pretty much every post here related to stands for Yamaha speakers. I would like to hear from owners of my speakers or the 690's or 1000M where they landed.

I'm contemplating having a custom pair built out of wood or phenolic plywood for me here in Houston, which will not be cheap. Open to any other suggestions prebuilt or custom that I should consider before pulling the trigger. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9934.JPG
    IMG_9934.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 15
Register to hide this ad
Some have experimented with cinder/concrete blocks for speaker stands. Inexpensive, very sturdy and takes paint very well.

cinder concrete block.jpg
 
Thanks... that might provide a temporary solution for me. I just need to be careful with my wood floors.
 
Thanks... that might provide a temporary solution for me. I just need to be careful with my wood floors.
I would buy some felt or rubberized pads and cut to size to fit under the blocks. Should be more than enough protection from scratches.
 
Back
Top Bottom