• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker stands for Yamaha NS-690

bjlefebvre

Super Member
Hey all,

I have a pair of Yahama NS-690s that I'd like to get six-inch stands for, preferably with a slight tilt. I've seen folks with DIY stands for these speakers on AK, but was wondering if there's anything pre-fab (and not too pricey) out there that anyone could suggest. Are there any go-tos for these?

Thanks,
Ben
 
Register to hide this ad
I use some MDF stands that are about 6" tall with a back tilt - got them from another AK'er in BT. But they're unbranded, so I can't share any model info with you. But they are out there.
 
I also have some 8" tall tilted stands. 11"square oak bases with mdf top plates. Dont know brand. Tried to upload pic a few times. Not working today for me.
Before I found these, was planning to make some. Don't have woodworking skills. I was going to buy round bevel edge square mounting boards at Hobby Lobby Store. Cut some 1"×4" upright boards Layout hole pattern in top and bottom boards. Transfer to upright boards as assembling. Paint or stain. I've bought Dayton spikes from Parts Express for $7. Non slip vinyl self stick pads on tops. If they are not perfect, speakers cover most of view.
 

Attachments

  • 20170223_210821.jpg
    20170223_210821.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20170223_210712.jpg
    20170223_210712.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
If you have some woodworking skills, or a friend does, you could make knock-offs of the JBL "Lincoln log" stands.
 
The JBL lincoln logs style stands knockoffs are on the bay. They offer custom engraving. In my opinion, reasonable price. No affiliation
 
Back
Top Bottom