pudgeypete
Member
Just built this pair of speaker stands for my recently refoamed Advents (these are the smaller of the OLA). I probably looked at every DIY speaker stand thread on the board for ideas and inspiration, so if you've ever posted pics or ideas, thank you.
I used a solid pine stair tread (cut to 11 5/8 x 12x 1") for the base, some 2x6s for the uprights (angled back at 5 degrees) and 3/4" ply and some natural cork for the stand. The stain doesn't show well in the cell phone pics but it's Kona - a black-ish brown that was wife approved.
I used a solid pine stair tread (cut to 11 5/8 x 12x 1") for the base, some 2x6s for the uprights (angled back at 5 degrees) and 3/4" ply and some natural cork for the stand. The stain doesn't show well in the cell phone pics but it's Kona - a black-ish brown that was wife approved.