• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker surrounds

alke1234

New Member
Was wondering if anybody could tell me a little bit about speaker cones. I have removed all glue and surrounds. Waiting on the kits to arrive I've been looking at the speakers and noticed when I spin the speakers, looking across them, the cones look as if they're out of round. The speakers are 122a's the other pairs I'm doing are 2231a and 2235h look to also be the same way, sorta not perfectly round. Should I be concerned before I go any further?

Thank You
 
Register to hide this ad
The cone is only supported by the spider now, sometimes the cone will lean to one side if the spider is not overly stiff and looking at the cone while spinning from the top would make it look out of round. Does that make sense?
 
Back
Top Bottom