• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakerlab ID Please Anyone?

kconnor

Well-Known Member
I picked up a pair of Speakerlab speakers for $5.00 and I would like to know more about them. I can't find anything on the Internet about them. It uses a Vifa tweeter similar to the one that is in my Pinnacle PN8+. I'm wondering if there are any Speakerlab aficiandos out there who can help me out, thx.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2049.jpg
    100_2049.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_2051.jpg
    100_2051.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
Register to hide this ad
I don't know the speaker but it looks awesome and for $5, wow. It looks like one solid piece of wood. How do they sound?
 
I don't know the speaker but it looks awesome and for $5, wow. It looks like one solid piece of wood. How do they sound?

They sound good in comparison to the PN8+ I have in rotation now. Highs are crisp and they have good bass reponse. I found them on ebay local pick up only and I guess that must have limited the number of bidders.
The cabinets are solid and pretty heavy.
 
Last edited:
I'm reasonably familiar with SpeakerLab's earlier line, not as much with their later. These appear to be one of the DAS- series. Maybe a DAS-6? I'd guess from the late ' 80's or so. Wish I had more info for you.
 
If this helps...

I had a pair of these in the mid '90's. I got them for $70 at a pawn shop. Mine had no markings on the outside but a date from 1987 written on the inside. I didn't even know what brand they were but I could tell they were not run-of-the-mill. Enjoy them.
 
Back
Top Bottom