• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakerlab store is closing

I think auto correct nailed him. At last was corrected to Alas, at least that's my best guess.
 
"Alas, there is light." ?? He either needs a dictionary or needs to proof read his post. Sorry, couldn't help myself.
I know Paul personally and he is usually very picky grammatically. He probably was very excited( it's been a long time coming). So lighten up on the grammar Nazi stuff and discuss the actual content...... Or not....
 
Bump, any updates not known to the Loudspeaker facebook page? Considering one of these as they become available.

I haven't heard anything in the rumor-mills, but haven't really been on the lookout for info, either.

My first day on here! Own 3 Speakerlab models (30's, 7's, Khorns). Was "Standard" the same as JnS Phonograph?

Just saw this post or would have answered earlier. I think the two were both run from the same storefront, but weren't actually the same business, at least not at the end. But I don't know for certain.
 
My brothers and I own plenty of Speakerlabs. I bought my Fours in 1977 and still have them. Fun to build and the value was undeniable. The scrappy outsider vibe they had at that time was appealing to the 18 year old me. Built nice speakers for awhile but seemed to expand too fast and that broke the spell. Seems like decades since they had any real relevance beyond the memories. Miss those days but luckily the speakers were built to last and there seems to be a good supply in the Seattle area.
 
I just sold the Speakerlab K's I bought in 1979. They were great speakers and I for sure got my money's worth.
 
They have not been the same since they dropped their kits back around 1980. For me, that is when things took a turn downward. Still rocking my 1's however.
Brings back some memories, had the Speaker Labs 9 + 10, Sanyo P55 for the sub, Citation 11 up top, and a Dahlquist active crossover....
Was a very nice sounding setup. Still have the sub, roommate from ages ago stole the 9's.... And lookie here, there's a pair of 9's for sale on ebay....
 
Back
Top Bottom