• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers--2 Altec / Western Electric 728-B; Goodmans; ATLAS Tweeter

Bunnyslipper

New Member
I'd appreciate any input as to what these might be worth?

2 Altec / Western Electric 728-B 12" Speakers. I think someone mentioned they are going for $1200 or more?

ATLAS Tweeter HF-1 [mono] in the original walnut cabinet. Can't find any info. on this.

Goodmans AXIETTE 101 8" & 15" MONO Speakers in original enclosures. These might also be called an AL 100 Speaker System (Audiospeaker Laboratories). Can't find much info. online about this system.

All were in good condition before being stored away for years. Thanks for any info.
 

Attachments

  • Goodmans.jpg
    Goodmans.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 37
  • AtlasHF-1.1.jpg
    AtlasHF-1.1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 29
  • AtlasHF-1.3.jpg
    AtlasHF-1.3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 50
  • WE 728B large.jpg
    WE 728B large.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
2 Altec / Western Electric 728-B 12" Speakers. I think someone mentioned they are going for $1200 or more?
If you're willing to sell on ebay and ship overseas, you can probably play in that ball park all day long.

But, do consider that these delicate and aged items need careful packing considerations such that they can easily be opened and easily repacked safely by customs agents.

The only way you get to keep the big money is if the buyer gets them in the same condition they were represented in.
 
Bunny, here is some info found in a three second search...ie, [Edited by Moderator] it would be better for you to do your research. It isn't too difficult.

http://members.myactv.net/~je245/755survey.htm

As far as value, every sale is an outlier. They are few and far between. Take good photos, stick in lots of information, and good luck!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have been more specific. I had already found out about the 728Bs. I actually have the original data sheet for them. But I still don't know a good price range for them.

I have a spec sheet for the Atlas HF-1 "High Frequency" Tweeter & Dividing Network but again, have no reference(s) for a value range.

And I have the spec sheets for the AL -100 Speaker System (which has Goodmans in it). Again, I can't find any references to a price range.
 
It looks like sheltie dave already gave you the information you are after. There are no or very little price comparisons to work from. The best course of action, assuming you want to maximize your sale price, is to follow his advice. A well worded auction with LOTS of high quality pics and a willingness to ship overseas will yield the best results IMO.
 
Back
Top Bottom