• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers suggestion for Sansui BA 2000

vin-ta-ge

New Member
Hi guy's,
I am looking for speakers suggestion that will fit my vintage set-up.
I actually use a Sansui definition series Ba 2000, Ca 2000 with the TU 9900.
I also use a 3 octaves ADC equalizer that I use to adjust the frequency on certain concert on DVD.
The Sansui preamplifier CA 2000 have two output for power amplifier so I also use a Adcom GFA-555 to power up my hard to drive Infinity Kappa 8 that I love so much...:tresbon:
Soooo, back to the BA 2000, I would like to hook some vintage monitor but not sure where to start.....maybe JBL or vintage Celestion (Ditton 33, 44 or even 66) I am listen to all kind of music mainly rock from the seventies but, it could be Jazz or even Classical all depend how I feel....:smoke: :music:

Please, I will apreciate all suggestion, don't be shy !

Thanks and sorry for my bad English, I am a "Frenchy" from Montreal, Quebec...:banana:
 
Register to hide this ad
Bonjour! You will most certainly hear many good suggestions from other folks here and mine are just a few. Vintage full sized speakers, I recommend Radio Shack Nova 8 or 8B, if you can find them. They do not have foam surround and have an amazingly good sound. Klipsch Heresy speakers are great for a more efficient speaker type, you may want to add a sub-woofer.

Bon Apatite!
 
Bonjour! You will most certainly hear many good suggestions from other folks here and mine are just a few. Vintage full sized speakers, I recommend Radio Shack Nova 8 or 8B, if you can find them. They do not have foam surround and have an amazingly good sound. Klipsch Heresy speakers are great for a more efficient speaker type, you may want to add a sub-woofer.

Bon Apatite!

Thanks John for your suggestion, I was thinking to the Klipsch Heresy but according to what I read, I need to like horn and the only reference was a Realistic Mach One back in the early 80's #4029 and the mid high was not exactly what I am looking for....should be a big difference beetween horn from Realistic and Klipsch but I am a little scare about the sonic of horn.
The problem when we look to buy used speakers, it's the fact that we dont have the oportunity to try them on personnal set-up and room where you listen to your music.:no:
 
Back
Top Bottom