• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

speakers to pair with TEAC bx300

BrandonB00

New Member
Hi, first post here. I'm new to Vintage gear and wondered if anyone had a suggestion on speakers to pair with a TEAC BX 300. i'm on a very limited budget (hence the teac bx300) but would love to get some nice vintage speakers to go along well with it. I've always liked B&W speakers (currently viewing some DM 12 s and dm570) on craigslist) but from what I read most of them require higher power to drive. Would some older Klipsch perform better with the 35 Wpc that the BX 300 puts out? I currently have two small first generation klipsch quintet satellite speakers hooked up to it and while yes there is sound coming out of them, i'm sure there is a better choice.

My setup is in a small apartment and won't be played at high volume and I won't be adding a subwoofer to the the system.

Thanks!!
Brandon
 
Register to hide this ad
DM570 are a good choice. The Klipsch might get louder but that's not necessarily what you are looking for it seems. The B&W's like most British speakers will sound very good at lower to moderate volumes and are pretty versatile.

I don't know anything about your amp or vintage Teac in general but it looks really nice. 35 wpc is nothing to sneeze at, with the right speakers in a medium-sized room it will get loud enough so that your neighbors can hear it.
 
Back
Top Bottom