• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Spec 1 recap

calman46

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm doing some research before I start to recap .
What to use for the electrolytic caps ,there are 3 types in the spec 1.
NP, NL. standard.
Panasonic FC for the standard or a good Nichicon for the power supply
Nichicon FG for the NL (can't find the 22uf 16v)What about the ixcon low leakage or Nichicon KL (standard low leakage) for the NL?

The NP are 3.3@ 25v and 33 @25v probably Nichicon
any suggestions ?
 
Register to hide this ad
What about the Nichicon KW series for audio ? the only thing is their cheap (maybe to cheap), 9 cents for a 3.3uf 50V . I was thinking on using these and Panasonic's FC .
 
The industry is competitive enough that you really get what you pay for, why scrimp on the seals (water based chemistry makes them work- and the water wants OUT - and after 20-30 years it GETS OUT) - the greatest cost is the labor to put them in.

I wouldn't put xicon's in my worst enemy's equipment...
 
Can I up the original 3.3 uf 25v NP cap to a 4.7uf 50v Nichicon ES ? That's the best NP caps I can find.
Any ideas for a good audio cap for the NP 3.3uf 25v. I'm now looking at polypropylene film.
 
Last edited:
Can I up the original 3.3 uf 25v NP cap to a 4.7uf 50v Nichicon ES ? That's the best NP caps I can find.
Any ideas for a good audio cap for the NP 3.3uf 25v. I'm now looking at polypropylene film.

changing values may upset something, and if you can fit a poly film, fine..
 
Back
Top Bottom