• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Spec1 and Spec4 Walnut Cases

sawdust

Solid walnut covers all my gear
Ok Zeb here's the update on the spec walnut cases
Finally Finished the walnut cases for my Spec gear, I wanted to make them box style so they be the same style as some of the original pioneer cases and added some finish washers to cover the rack rash from when they were rack mounted, I'm real happy how they turned out they look like standalone units now, took some Pictures to show them off.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0039 (2).JPG
    PICT0039 (2).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0050 (2).JPG
    PICT0050 (2).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT0066.JPG
    PICT0066.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0079.JPG
    PICT0079.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 96
Register to hide this ad
DAMN! I can't draw a straight line with a straightedge Which is why they washed me out of Navy Quartermaster(Navigation) school. Now they navigate with GPS. What happens when all the fancy Hi-Tech equipment goes down and nobody onboard knows how to work a sextant for star sights, and all the other manual things needed to figure out where they are. Up a sanitary tributary without a means of propulsion is where.

Back on track. DAMN! Very Nicely done sawdust.

Larry
 
Last edited:
Thank you everyone

I finally ran out of walnut and my tree guy retired in 2015 I would buy the hole trunk from him and have it milled and kill dried .
I have made over 200 cases for you guys in the last 7 years and want to thank everyone for the pleasure of making them for all of you.

Amos
 
Last edited:
Beautiful work! I had no idea that walnut cases were originally available for the SPEC series. I know that the RT-701 was available in a -S version (pictured here, albeit without an outer case) which was meant for one, but they used a different faceplate on the front which lacked rack-mount ears. Of course, even if Pioneer did offer their own wooden cases for the SPEC gear, I bet they didn't look as nice as the ones you made. Kudos! :thumbsup:
-Adam
 
Can I send you some of my walnut :D
Will you make one for me :dunno:
Just Kidding.

DSC03710.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom