• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Specific cassette wont play when I lock the play button in place.

:)

Seriously, if you are indeed sixteen and you have no personal memories attached to that cassette, why don't you simply download it off YouTube, I am sure you know how to do that. Or, if you want to have physical media and you like reading paper booklets as many people do including myself, get a CD — much better quality, no hiss, no "bit off" or "bit shaky", no eaten tape. You can get one of those novelty CD players with, um, "humanized design" that you can hang on a wall or stand on your desk with the speaker around and the transparent cover, when the CD is spinning it looks almost as mesmerizing as spinning tape reels :)

ff8d368e-a5f5-4cd2-8d3e-a1b60025efc1.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
I just like cassettes better than cd's. I had cd's in my time. I never had cassettes. Thanks for the suggestion but I'll stick to my wow and flutter ;)
 
I just like cassettes better than cd's. I had cd's in my time. I never had cassettes. Thanks for the suggestion but I'll stick to my wow and flutter ;)

Those of us who had to put up with cassettes in the 70s might have a little trouble understanding your point of view on this. ;) Of course, since there is so little demand out there for cassettes, if you really like them, you should be able to buy them cheap, cheap, cheap! ;)
 
I just like cassettes better than cd's. I had cd's in my time. I never had cassettes. Thanks for the suggestion but I'll stick to my wow and flutter ;)
Have you had LPs? What about wax cylinders?

Seriously, why cassettes? Is it just because the hype about "cassette comeback", or something deeper and more personal?
 
I just like cassettes better than cd's. I had cd's in my time. I never had cassettes. Thanks for the suggestion but I'll stick to my wow and flutter ;)
Ah, to be 16 again. "In my time" lol. When was that, like 2018? Just giving you a hard time - whatever floats your boat and makes you happy, I say go for it. Seems like an awful lot of fuss for a random ELO tape, but you do your thing, dude.

Out of curiosity, what is it about tapes that you like? As someone who is actually old enough to have legitimate nostalgia for cassettes, I'm truly interested to hear a young perspective.
 
Have you had LPs? What about wax cylinders?

Seriously, why cassettes? Is it just because the hype about "cassette comeback", or something deeper and more personal?
I don't think it is the cassette comeback that brought me here. I've always liked old retro/vintage electronics. When I was 12 I got my first walkman, cheap little black Magnavox. I went to a half-priced-books and found an AC/DC razors edge tape. I loved thunderstruck so I bought it. I remember everyday that summer it seemed like I would ride my bike to the nearby store while listening to that tape. I soon bought more and became addicted. I moved last year away from that town and now it seems they are nostalgic to me. I bought a recorder before moving and kind of documented a lot of where I used to live. Listening to that tape brings me back.
 
Have you had LPs? What about wax cylinders?

Seriously, why cassettes? Is it just because the hype about "cassette comeback", or something deeper and more personal?

And about LP's, I bought a turntable once but I didn't have any vinyl and at the time I didn't really listen to any 70s or 80s bands (ELO is now my all time favorite band). So I put it into storage. Upon coming back to it one day I found it didn't work. Maybe I'll get into them later down the road, but right now, it's cassettes.
 
Have you had LPs? What about wax cylinders?

Seriously, why cassettes? Is it just because the hype about "cassette comeback", or something deeper and more personal?


Wax cylinders sound freaking cool, but I don't have enough money right now to get into other forms of physical music.
 
Last edited:
On top of Cassettes and Walkmans. I also have a B&W portable television from 1986, that I rigged up to my laptop. A polaroid sx70, polaroid 800, kodak ek4. VHS tape camcorder. Original NES with games and zapper. A magazine of JFK on the day he was assassinated. And a couple other things. I like collecting :D
 
:)

Seriously, if you are indeed sixteen and you have no personal memories attached to that cassette, why don't you simply download it off YouTube, I am sure you know how to do that. Or, if you want to have physical media and you like reading paper booklets as many people do including myself, get a CD — much better quality, no hiss, no "bit off" or "bit shaky", no eaten tape. You can get one of those novelty CD players with, um, "humanized design" that you can hang on a wall or stand on your desk with the speaker around and the transparent cover, when the CD is spinning it looks almost as mesmerizing as spinning tape reels :)

ff8d368e-a5f5-4cd2-8d3e-a1b60025efc1.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
That was answered... he said... 'I just like having real genuine ELO paraphernalia'... which is it's own justification, nothing to do with sound quality... and personally, I get that... like having an original Sun Elvis record.... or the Beatles LP 'Yesterday and Today' with dead babies on the cover... or playing an original early fifties 45 of Patty Page singing How Much is that Doggie in the Window.
 
I also have an antenna that I listen to encrypted amateur radio on. I want to hopefully get my FCC broadcasting licence in my lifetime.
 
That was answered... he said... 'I just like having real genuine ELO paraphernalia'... which is it's own justification, nothing to do with sound quality... and personally, I get that... like having an original Sun Elvis record.... or the Beatles LP 'Yesterday and Today' with dead babies on the cover... or playing an original early fifties 45 of Patty Page singing How Much is that Doggie in the Window.
The original album was released on LP. Although the it was released on cassettes the same year too. Still, paraphernalia != cassettes.
 
On top of Cassettes and Walkmans. I also have a B&W portable television from 1986, that I rigged up to my laptop. A polaroid sx70, polaroid 800, kodak ek4. VHS tape camcorder. Original NES with games and zapper. A magazine of JFK on the day he was assassinated. And a couple other things. I like collecting :D
No Super 8 camera? That's ok, you are still sixteen.
 
Sorry you got burned on your 20 bucks.
That part stinks for sure.
Glad that you like ELO and collecting.
You are among hoarders, um I mean collectors here on AK. Myself included.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Jim
 
Sorry you got burned on your 20 bucks.
That part stinks for sure.
Glad that you like ELO and collecting.
You are among hoarders, um I mean collectors here on AK. Myself included.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Jim
All good, thanks man. Glad to be here haha.
 
Back
Top Bottom