• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

spendor s5e with mc240

0luke1

Active Member
Hello everyone,

I really like the sound of the spendor s5e, but I'm a little concerned about the inefficiency of the speaker. I don't play music all that loudly (I listen to mostly be-bop era jazz), so how a speaker sounds at lower level is important. The Spendor's sound great.

Has anyone tried one with a MC240?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Never tried this combination, but having heard and owned British speakers, they tend to need a fair number of watts to wake them up. What is their effeciency?
 
87 - borderline from what I've read. I'm going to audition some other speakers this weekend. The Spendor people say "no problem."
 
I think its iffy. Borrow a good 100W+ McIntosh SS amp for comparison. Why not?
I would bet the SS amp will create more punch and aliveness than the 240 with the Spendors. Just a guess.
 
Back
Top Bottom