• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Spendor SP-1 Phase Plugs

trwham

Active Member
I picked up a pair of Spendor SP-1s a few months ago. I thought these were supposed to have phase plugs in place of dust caps on the woofers, but there is nothing on the pair I have. I e-mailed Spendor, and they are no help at all, and very slow to respond as well.

Does anyone know what these should look like and/or have any idea where to get some?
 
Register to hide this ad
These SP-1's were supposedly out of the box new, sans a "phase-plug" when I got them. As I look at the driver it doesnt appear to be missing nor ready for an adaptor plug of any sort.
 
Last edited:
These SP-1's were supposedly out of the box new, sans a "phase-plug" when I got them. As I look at the driver it doesnt appear to be missing nor ready for an adaptor plug of any sort.

Thanks. That's what these look like and I agree it is not obvious there was ever anything on the woofers.
 
My sp2s have a grey plastic plug glued to the pole-piece just as your photos seem to show. The metallic-looking plug is not deep-maybe half.an inch thick, and it is just a disc like a thick game checker. I believe that it was used to fill the hollow coil former space above the pole piece in order to avoid the cavity resonance and to reduce the turbulence such a cavity would create. If the bass-mid were intended to be used way up into the treble then the protruding roundy-pointy type you often see would be appropriate.
 
Back
Top Bottom