• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Spotify Web Player Sound Dropouts

ejman

Super Member
I've been experimenting with the Spotify web player @ my Asus laptop running Win 7 and like the selection but am experiencing a lot of sound dropouts at random times. It's just when running Spotify other streaming sources (Pandora or Amazon Prime) seem to work fine. I use Firefox web browser. Suggestions?

Interestingly when I run Spotify web player on my desktop computer in my office (PC uses Linux Mint KDE version) I experience no dropouts also using Firefox web browser.
 
Register to hide this ad
Does it occur when using AC, only on battery power or both?. My Acer Netbook (music server) has random dropouts when operating on battery power but not when using AC power. I think it's at least partially because of the power saving features. Removing the battery and using AC power exclusively worked for me.
 
Does it occur when using AC, only on battery power or both?. My Acer Netbook (music server) has random dropouts when operating on battery power but not when using AC power. I think it's at least partially because of the power saving features. Removing the battery and using AC power exclusively worked for me.
I always have the AC connected to the laptop since it's my music server @ my main system but I haven't tried removing the laptop battery. But I'm wondering if it's a power supply issue wouldn't it also impact other streaming sources?
 
Do you have equalizer active, what's your stream quality set at?
No equalizer. The output from the laptop goes (thru USB) to an HRT II DAC and on to the preamp. I haven't been able to find any way to change the stream quality setting in the Web player version of Spotify.
 
Back
Top Bottom